Socca pizza - best grain-free pizza dough ever

sunnuntai 15. maaliskuuta 2020




This chickpea dough is softer than normal pizza dough, but in my opinion even more delicious and a lot easier to make. Furthermore it's vegan, grain-, gluten- and dairy-free. It is widely used in the Mediterranean countries to make small round "pizzas" that are cut up in slices and often eaten without toppings but sometimes dipped in a sauce. In France, for instance, you often put the toppings on after the soccas have been taken out of the oven. Feel free to use whatever toppings and sauces you prefer. I used fresh asparagus, onion, muhammara sauce, peanut sriracha sauce, oven-roasted tomatoes, broccoli, Delikaura and vegan cheese as fillings.

Ingredients for one big baking tray:

4 tbsp olive oil
2 cups (4,8 dl) chickpea flour
2 cups (4,8 dl) water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried herbs, like oregano, basil or Italian mix
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 230C/450F and brush a baking tray with one tablespoon of the oil. I covered my tray with baking paper, but you get a crispier pizza by oiling the tray.
2. Mix together the remaining oil, chickpea flour, water and seasonings. Whisk until completely smooth.
3. Pour the batter onto the baking tray and tilt to make sure the tray is evenly coated. Cook for 10 minutes until golden and slightly crisp. Remove from the oven but keep the oven hot.



This recipe I found at the wallflowerkitchen.com. There you'll also find a super easy pizza sauce, which I didn't make. Instead I made a muhammara sauce and a light and creamy peanut sauce. Both sauces go with everything possible and are great for dipping as well.








For half the pizza I used:

- muhammara sauce
- Delikaura 
- green grilled asparagus
- oven-roasted tomatoes
- spring onions
- shredded vegan cheese


 For the other half I chose:

- peanut sauce with sriracha
- steamed broccoli
- red onion
- Delikaura
- vegan feta cubes




4. Fill the baked socca base with the toppings of your choice and bake again for a further 5-10 minutes. 

I served the pizza slices drizzled with more of the addictive peanut sauce.

I hope you enjoy this healthy pizza as much as I did!






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti